1. A winter view of the depot complex. It is difficult to realise that Depot II (the longest section - behind the street lamp) is the same Depot II as seen in March 1961 in the Historical Archive.
2. Sam, the printer, is having a tidy-up. I promised to come back in a few weeks time to see the results.
Wednesday, November 22, 2006
Saturday, November 18, 2006
Tuesday, November 14, 2006
Wednesday, November 08, 2006
Tuesday, November 07, 2006
I was pleased to see the 'cherry picker' in use on building maintenance. I was never happy using it as a junior member of the overhead line team. I was used to a rigid tower wagon and this machine would sway gently or remind me that action and re-action are equal and opposite.
Sunday, November 05, 2006
1. We used to have a Skoda similar to this one - its number was JCH 978N and it was red.
2. The three Trabants on the left have Polish number plates and have been driven over from Poland by Polish speaking drivers. The one on the right was the only one of the four to have a two stroke engine. (Way back in 1977 I drove our Skoda to Gdansk and back - yestrady's picture in Berlin was taken on that trip.)
3. Berlin 3006 going up the line passing a Wartburg. The problem I have with this scene is that 3006 is in its post German unification livery and it was unusual for either the trams or the cars to be as smart as this.
4. Eight comrades at Town End.