Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Volunteers and Staff

1. Today I was snatched from the Library and transformed into a lunch time relief tram conductor. I didn't have any uniform with me and only a pair of gardening shoes so I didn't meet the dress standards. However the alternative would have been to withdraw one tram from service on one of the busiest mid-week days of the year. I did four trips fully laden each time - leaving customers behind most times.
The trams in use were Southampton 45, Sheffield 74 and Blackpool 166 whilst the much larger Blackpool 40 was standing ready for service at the front of the depot.
2. After my conducting stint I went to the workshop for some pictures of Cardiff 131 and was invited to join them for afternoon tea. Here they are; a group of 3 employees and 5 volunteers.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment