Today we visited Launceston Tramway Museum which is situated in a former dock and railway workshop area which is now a leisure complex with a combination of old and new buildings. Launceston tramways opened in 1911 and closed in 1952. There were 26 4-wheel California style cars which were augmented by 3 long bogie cars in the late 1920s. Upon the closure most of the car bodies became summer houses etc and 5 have been rescued by the museum.
Bogie car number 29 is the sevice tram.
Number 26 is at the back of the depot where work is concentrated on number 1 for the centenary.