Wednesday, November 09, 2016

CROYDON TRAMLINK SAD DAY 9 NOVEMBER 2016

I was in Croydon overnight and realised whilst eating my breakfast that I had not seen a tram pass the window. When I started to walk towards East Croydon station I found trams at a standstill along the track in front of the station and staff telling passengers there were no trams running along there and how to reach their destination.  I asked if there was a connection to the many sirens I had  heard just before 0700 and was told there was a serious derailment, but no more info could be given.  What a shock to find out the true extent of the 'problem'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-37919658


The first sight of the problem

Outside East Croydon Station

Outside the station further along - as can be seen the power is off in this section

A tram at the far side of the station and staff being deployed along the line

No comments:

Post a Comment