On Wednesday morning by agreement with Balfour Beatty the earth wires were removed from the overhead line at Wakebridge and the whole length of the line was energised using the rotary converter.
1. Sheffield 330 was the first tram up the line under its own power.
2. Blackpool 717 was the second.
3. Yellow paint was sprayed on crical parts of the points and the track so that the exact position of the wheels and flanges could be seen.
4. 717 and 330 side by side.
5. 717 approaches the yellow paint travelling southwards.