Sunday, May 13, 2012

Blackpool 730 event

Andrew Waddington made the lollowing comments
I just wanted to comment on how fantastic today's Brush car event was. I had expected a fairly modest event with 630 taking all the glory, but not so! There were several photo opportunities with 630 posed alongside other Blackpool trams including 'Spongebob' 762 and various non-runners appeared on the depot fan. Even better was a surprise appearance out of doors for Douglas 1. I've been visiting Crich every year since 1990 and that was the first time I'd ever seen it outside, so that really did make my day! Add in some great company and I'm pleased to say that this was my best visit to Crich for a long time.

My thanks to every single person who made this day so enjoyable, I'm sure you all know who you are and your efforts really are appreciated! I have already posted a brief report on the event with a couple of photos at http://www.britishtramsonline.co.uk/news/?p=852 - more detailed coverage with a photo gallery will follow.

Dan Heeley added the following details:
As advertised today saw the Launch of Blackpool 630 at the museum. 
Tramcars in service (all Brush built) - Chesterfield 7, Cardiff 131, Leeds 180, Blackpool 630 and LPTB 1622. Additionally Glasgow 22 was out on a UDE. Finally Berlin 223 006-4 was out briefly on test and will be available again from tomorrow.
On the depot fan we arranged various line ups and displayed two of the non-operational Loughborough cars - G&I 14 and DHMD 1 (Falcon works). In addition a little sort out of the main depots was undertaken resulting in quite a few trams appearing out of the depots:

GMJ
DHMD 1
Leeds 2
B&F 2
TW4
G&I 14
Southampton 45
J'burg 60
Sheffield 74
Blackpool 167
Blackpool 298 (well it moved, but didn't come out of the depot!)
Blackpool Loco 717
Blackpool 762
Glasgow 812
Glasgow 1282
Whilst not intended as the main focus of the day hopefully it all provided interest!
Thanks for those that approached us with feedback, and if anyone would like to share any further thoughts, please drop me an email. Particular thanks for those that supported the first trip and I hope the winners enjoyed their drive of the car.

Onto Boat 236 next!

No comments:

Post a Comment